Saturday, 29 June 2013

THE PHANTOM OF THE OPERA

A few months ago I went to the West End to watch my first ever musical in London. For this first time experience, I chose one of the most popular and most watched musicals ever: The Phantom of the Opera at Her Majesty's Theatre.
Based on the French novel Le Fantôme de l'Opera by Gaston Leroux, its central plot revolves around a beautiful soprano, Christine Daae, who becomes the obsession of a mysterious, disfigured musical genius.. The musical opened on 9 October 1986 with music by Andrew Lloyd Webber and now in its 27th anniversary it still continues to captivate audiences.

The theater was full and there was not an empty seat in sight. I was not allowed to take any pictures inside the theater but I managed to take a few (naughty!!). I particularly like this one where you can see Christine and the Phantom's reflection on the mirror.

The captivating music and the Phantom's reflection made me jump from my seat for a second!


 
I also love the film adaptation of the book with Gerard Butler and Emmy Rossum. Every time it is on TV I happily sit and watch it and sing along..

Have a lovely day everyone and enjoy June's last weekend!

Trousers: Zara
Jumper: COS
Shoes: LK Bennett
Necklace: Folli Follie

Helen xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

>