Thursday, 22 August 2013

Once in a Blue Moon

Like the song says "The best things in life are free" and I could not agree more with this line. Of course this is the case if you are able to appreciate them. I was so infatuated by the rare blue moon that illuminated the night sky two nights ago and I spent my evening looking at the mesmerizing moon and the stars that were shining bright up in the sky.


There are two different definitions for the Blue Moon. The Blue Moon can either refer to the second of two full moons in a single calendar month or it can be the third of four full moons in a season. The August 20-21 Blue Moon was the seasonal kind. The next Blue Moon will not occur until July 31, 2015.

I captured August's Blue Moon with my two hands
I like sitting on my balcony, gazing at the stars. There is something unavoidably magical staring up at the night sky during the summer. It feels like that's what summers are made for.

Top: COS, Shorts: MiH jeans, Sandals: Tory Burch

I hope you did not miss this beautiful sight!!

Helen xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

>