Friday, 23 August 2013

Summer reading

One of my favorite things to do while I am on holiday is reading. I am such a bookworm and I enjoy it so much.

The first book that I finished  is Agatha Christie's Ten Little Niggers. The book was first published in the United Kingdom on 6 November 1939 and its title referred to a British nursery rhyme and was then changed into 'And then there were none" for the first US edition due to the use of what would become a pejorative term in the English - speaking world.


In the novel, ten people who had been complicit in the death(s) of other human beings but either escaped notice or were not subject to legal sanction, are tricked or lured into coming to an island. Although they are the only people on the island, and cannot escape due to the distance from the mainland and the inclement weather, each guest is killed in a manner seeming to parallel the deaths enumerated in the nursery rhyme. A very good read that I strongly reccomend. 

The second book that I finished is "Fifty Shades Freed", book number three of the Fifty Shades trilogy. I finished it one day on the beach and I was pleased with the happy ending (I will reveal no more!).



I am currently reading Dan Brown's new novel "Inferno", the fourth book in his Robert Langdon series. The book, inspired by Dante Alighieri's "La Divina Comedia", is full of art history and the whole action is taking place in Florence.


Are you reading any books that you would like to share?

Helen xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

>