Friday, 29 November 2013

Chanel No 5: Femininity is Timeless

Hello everyone! Yesterday I did a little bit of shopping therapy to cheer me up as I really needed it. Well, I did not buy anything too crazy just some Chanel beauty products. I wanted to get No 5 for ages but for some reason I had never done so in the past. I find that this perfume is the equivalent of receiving a lovely bouquet of flowers and since I am not expecting flowers from anyone I decided to treat myself. 

Chanel No 5, Coco Noir and Rouge Coco Shine Lipsticks
For a little history lesson, this perfume was the first perfume launched by Parisian couturier Gabrielle Chanel. The chemical formula for the fragrance was compouned by Russian-French chemist and perfumer Ernest Beaux. And if you are interested in the iconography of the No 5 name there are some interesting facts. For Chanel the number five was especially esteemed as signifying the pure embodiment of a thing, its spirit, its mystic meaning. The paths that led Chanel to the cathedral for daily pray (at the Aubazine orphanage that she was in the care of nuns) were laid out in circular patterns repeating the number five!


Chanel No 5 is often connected to Marilyn Monroe because during an interview in 1954 she said that in bed she wore only some drops of Chanel No 5. I would like to do that!! This is the second perfume in my Chanel collection, the other being Coco Noir which was kindly given to me by the Chanel Academy team during a collection's presentation a few months ago at the Mandarin Oriental Hotel.  

Along with the perfume I bought two Rouge Coco Shine Lipsticks. Rendez-Vous (87) and Romance (55). 

What are your favorite Chanel products? 

Have a lovely day!

Helen xx

1 comment:

  1. Love Chanel!

    http:/thefashioninbox.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

>