Friday, 27 December 2013

At The Hilton London Tower Bridge Hotel

I simply love staying at hotels and I had such a fantastic time spending Christmas at the Hilton London Tower Bridge Hotel with great company. The lovely guys at the reception checked us in at the very early hours of Christmas day and a comfortable room up on the eighth floor was waiting for us. I managed to sleep just four hours, before I get up and get myself ready for breakfast. The bed was so comfortable and I was feeling so rested. Well, my company did not think the same but we simply could not miss breakfast.






I had a morning shower using these lovely products by Peter Thomas Roth and got ready really quickly as my desire for a strong coffee was pulling me to the breakfast room like a magnet!




Breakfast was served at The Larder Restaurant and the staff were ever so friendly and attentive. For me breakfast was black coffee (no milk - thank you!), croissant (that later became croissants), fruits, yogurt and the NY Times just so I could have a quick read and find out what's shaking in this world that we live in.

We spent our afternoon walking by the bridge and once it started getting cold we found shelter at the hotel. Later on, we went to the Hotel's Executive Lounge for some chilling time having drinks and canapes. 






Baileys with ice
 After having oh so much to eat and drink, I returned to the room for some much needed relaxation. The next day was work day for me and I wanted to make sure that I had everything ready. Thankfully, this year there was no tube strike and getting around London on Boxing Day was a lot easier.

I put on my bathrobe and after enjoying a hot shower, I watched Michael Jackson's "This Is It" documentary.





I hope you all enjoyed your Christmas! And here is a little piece of advice for the new year to come: Forget the past and look forward to what lies ahead!

Helen xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

>