Monday, 1 August 2016

Menorcan Sandals by MIBO

On a day like today (it's raining in London folks) I am reminiscing about my holiday in Menorca, where the sun was hitting my face and was making me glow. Where my clothes were as light as possible and I was wearing sandals. And talking about sandals, I wanted to write this post ages ago. While in this beautiful island, I discovered the super cute and comfortable Menorcan sandals. I know when I like something a lot,  as I tend to have a "love at first sight" kinda feeling when I lay eyes on it. This is what happened when I first saw these sandals. My eyes popped, I was feeling little colourful butterflies in my stomach and my dilemma was: "How can I pick just one pair?". The thought that I was travelling with just a hand luggage was tantalizing me but I had to do what I had to do (this means that I got two pairs and prayed that they would fit!!!). 

There were so many brands to choose from and my choice was Mibo. These sandals are the traditional sandals of Menorca. They used to be worn by the rural population of the island, as they were strong and adaptable to the Menorcan countryside. They come in a variety of colours, fabrics and designs. 




Cooling off with a glass of beer after my purchase

These sandals match my ring!
If you happen to visit the island, go and try some sandals and I am sure you will fall in love with them. A few weeks ago I spotted some Solillas (another brand) in a little shop in Primrose Hill. They were ridiculously expensive!! A smile painted my face when I thought of the ones that I had bought (for just 25 Euros a pair) and all the beautiful memories from my holiday. 

Have a nice evening and don't forget to fall in love with the smallest things in life! 

Helen xx

1 comment:

  1. These looks really cute! I love a good easy sandal for summertime, I might have to research this brand a little more! Thanks for sharing!
    xx Annie
    http://www.somethingswellblog.com/

    ReplyDelete

>